Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring is Finally Here


Well, for the last couple of days spring really has arrived. I hear the weather is gonna take another nose dive, but I am not discouraged. I have all the evidence that I need that spring really is here whether the weather knows it or not. Just take a look at my pic. Don't worry, the bird is not dead. No my friends it is very much alive. This bird along with another is answering the call of nature to bring forth seed. And believe me it must have been an important call cuz those birds were busy for quite some time. I normally don't make it my business to follow animals around while they are having private moments, but I was there first. I was playing outside with my neighbor from the cellar (haha) when I heard a rucous. I turned around and saw these birds flapping and flailing and falling to the ground. At first I wasn't sure what was going on. I have never seen a public display of affection quite like that. (at least from animals that don't like humans all that well, and flee the scene when you are close by) I mean they were literally 4 feet away. Luckily the boys could have cared less, although I think an answer like "they're dancing" would probably satisfy a 3 year old a 19 month old and a 4 month old. The latter two probably wouldn't even ask.
Anyway the moral of the story really is that spring is here! Don't worry about the next couple of days where the temp will take a bit of a dip! Oh and if you hear nature calling, make sure she has the right number.

13 comments:

  1. I still love Martha's comment: "I don't think they're trying to kill each other because they're jumping..."

    thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that was a good one wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an educational experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I'm so excited to see how your family is doing and it's wonderful to see a little addition to your family. I'm glad we can stay in touch this way.

    I wrote a comment on your potty post, and I want you to know this comment is my opinion and in no way reflects how I feel about you and your mothering. It sounds like you are a great mother and I have seen you are a great mother. It also appears that you have tried several things before you chose to do cold showers, which shows you are thinking things through. It's just that I've been thinking a lot about the cold shower subject, there is a friend of mine here that does it, so it's on my mind.

    To wrap it up, I'm writing this long comment to say, I'm sure you're a good mother and my potty training comment deals with the action of cold showers and doesn't reflect on you personally. I hope that made sense. Please let me know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for blogs! I can't do facebook since I work in a public school and they block that website from the students. I can, however, keep up with people on blogs and, unlike facebook, you don't have to deal with the constantly changing layout. Good luck with the potty training, that's not something I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite thing about this post is that you took a picture. haha! You would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I did think the bird was dead when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie! I found your blog. I love that you wrote a post about birds mating :) No, I really love it. And I love the photographic evidence. I think you are awesome and I'm happy I can read about your musings and family life. I will send you an invite to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for your blog Connie! Your stories are hilarious--keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, Heiners! So glad I found this! Come visit us on our blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness gracious...... I cannot believe how long it took for me to finally find your blog! I am now going to be an active follower :) LOVE YOU! I hope MT is everything you were hoping for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I'm so glad you have a blog. Why did I not know about this before? Your little guys are so dang cute. We should try to get together this summer. We will be in ut/mt for the month of July. I have to go get Henry right now but I will be blog-stalking you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. K- At first, I thought " Why is Connie taking a picture of a Butterfly?!?!" Then I quickly switched to "MY EYES! AHHHH! TOO Much NATURE!"....You're hilarious!... Random!! But Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Boys all dressed up for Church

Boys all dressed up for Church
They really do love eachother so much. Max is always asking to hold Sam.

Sam is really excited to play outside, can't you tell

Blessing Day

Blessing Day
This was a really special day. We blessed Sam in Missoula, Montana at my parents house so that all of our family could be there. It was the last Sunday before Christmas, almost everyone was there, and the lights of the Christmas tree were on. So so so special.

Followers