Thursday, April 2, 2009

Price Matching is NOT for the Faint of Heart

So I was doing my civic duty, no not voting...But close, I was price matching all the awesome ads at Walmart. I did everything right. I wrote down everything so I wasn't shuffling through my ads, I grouped all the items together on the conveyor belt, went late at night to not annoy other shoppers, and warned the Checker that I was one of those obnoxious people that did price match. Well, she huffed and she puffed (no exaggeration I promise). She paused in ringing up my items and began to tell me that she hadn't been trained in price matching. And over and over she talked about how she couldn't believe it!
I apologized, and she just said, "why would you apologize, you are just saving money".
Then I was thinking, yeah you are right, but if you understand why I would price match why are you being such a hag about it?
The whole time I was just wondering if this woman could be for real, but then she really got her panties in a bind and said and I quote "oh, that's it.. I am going home!"
I assured her that it wasn't a huge deal, and began to point out all the things that I did right by leaving the items till the end, and not to mention the fact that there weren't more than a few items..But she wasn't having it. She said...."Doesn't matter how many items you have when I haven't been trained to do that."
Don't worry though, I stood my ground and didn't back down. You would have done the same for super duper ground beef that was only $1.39/lb, not to mention the mango's that were 4 for $1!
Some manager guy came and helped, but he never acknowledged the fact that she was a little crazy. He just talked about how the night people don't do all the same stuff that the day people do, and how not many people come in at night to price match. But I know that I wasn't the only mom that shops late sometimes. I mean lets face it, its not always fun to take two kids shopping. For one, the only carts that really accommodate a really young family is Costco, Walmart thinks they are doing everyone a favor with those carts that have the seats near the handle, but the isles are way too narrow, and the store is way to full of fellow suckers.
Anyway, I too a week or two off from price matching, but never fear, I am back with a vengeance with NO apologies! Take that aunery Walmart Lady!

7 comments:

  1. So in this situation, when you slide your card and the machine says "was your cashier friendly today?" there are three options, "yes", "no", and "no she was horrendous." Pick the last one.

    By the way, you have opened my eyes to price matching foreva'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Caitlin, I remember when I told you this over the phone I think you used an expletive to describe the cashier......

    ReplyDelete
  3. By expletive, you must mean gay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost refuse to shop at walmart. they make you think their prices are cheaper than other places, but they aren't overal when you shop the sales with coupons. The customer service is horrible. They don't like to price match, so I just go where it is cheaper and go into wally world maybe once a month for the few items that are cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take it to the man Connie! Way to make the Walmart employee voluntarily commit herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, I've never had one be that rude to me about it! Once one girl didn't know how to do it so she just had the manager come over. Way to stand up for it, I wouldn't have missed out on $1.39/lb either (btw, where is that one from). Sadly, I guess sometimes there's another price to pay for saving so much money.

    ReplyDelete

Boys all dressed up for Church

Boys all dressed up for Church
They really do love eachother so much. Max is always asking to hold Sam.

Sam is really excited to play outside, can't you tell

Blessing Day

Blessing Day
This was a really special day. We blessed Sam in Missoula, Montana at my parents house so that all of our family could be there. It was the last Sunday before Christmas, almost everyone was there, and the lights of the Christmas tree were on. So so so special.

Followers