Monday, April 6, 2009

Mother of the Year Will Have to Wait for Another Year

I know, you are all shocked that I am out of the running for Mother of the Year this Year, but I have my sights set high for next year.
You are probably all wondering what? What could that awesome mother have done to rip herself away from a title that she was so near winning. Well I'll tell you the whole story. Don't worry, its short.
The weather today was so awesome, especially since it has bee pretty lame and cold lately. So naturally I took the boys outside for the afternoon. This wasn't quite where it took a bad turn, just keep reading. The shade was a bit chilly so I tried to keep Sam partway in the sun.. DUH! I didn't put a hat on him, and no sunscreen. So, now the poor little fella has a sun burn. Not quite one of those firsts that are celebrated. So now every time I look at his sweet little cherry red face and head, I feel soooo bad.
Moral of the Story? Keep your pale faced kid out of the sun! Seems obvious? Well, it is. I just screwed up.

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I have a lot of those "firsts" that we don't celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute picture of your family by the way. Ive done that before but it wasnt an easy mistake like yours - it was the middle of summer and we were in the shade and i thought we would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i'm lucky to have a tan kid--i burn before he does!

    ReplyDelete

Boys all dressed up for Church

Boys all dressed up for Church
They really do love eachother so much. Max is always asking to hold Sam.

Sam is really excited to play outside, can't you tell

Blessing Day

Blessing Day
This was a really special day. We blessed Sam in Missoula, Montana at my parents house so that all of our family could be there. It was the last Sunday before Christmas, almost everyone was there, and the lights of the Christmas tree were on. So so so special.

Followers