Friday, May 8, 2009

Not Another One!

So, I went in for Sam's follow-up appt for his ears today (he had a double ear infection) to make sure that the antibiotics were doing their job. I was fairly confident that they worked this time. (they didn't work the first go around). But at the same time I wasn't sure cuz he has been rubbing them a bit too. Anyway, the Dr. took a peek in his ears and said that they were really bad! I couldn't believe it. He didn't really know what to do right away. I mean, do you prescribe a 3rd different antibiotic and hope that this time it actually works? Or maybe go to an E.N.T. and get another opinion on the matter? I mean Sam has had this infection since before Easter! While we were there I told him about how its been 2 weeks since he has pooped. I figured that maybe it was a side affect from the antibiotic. He said that they usually make the opposite happen. So he put in an order to the hospital for an Xray of his abdomen to make sure that there is no obstruction, or impacted. They gave Sam a shot in his leg of antibiotic ad then want to check him again on Monday to see if there is an improvement. If not, then he will get another shot and we will prolly be referred to an ENT.

I left nervous and scared. I thought to myself, I gotta find a way to get this taken care of. SO, the first thing that I did when I got home is call a Chiropractor. Some of you may be asking, a chiropractor? Why? Well, I have a sister in Montana that takes her kids to the Chiro when anything goes wrong with them. He seems to always have an adjustment that fixes the problem. Then while I was waiting for the office to call back to tell me if they adjusted kids, I got the supplies out to see if I couldn't help Sam go potty, and not have to take him in for an xray. I didn't have any luck getting him to go, so I just waited for Matthew to get home and then I figured I would go to the store and get his RX, then head to the health food store to see what they recommended. Well the Chiropractor called me back and we set up an appt for tomorrow morning. I am excited to see what he has to say about it all. Although, he said that he has a little boy that needed tubes in his ears, so I know that there are some cases that only tubes will really alleviate.

On my way home Matthew told me that SAM POOPED! So thats good, one thing out of the way anyway. So I have Sam on these ear drops, pro-biotics, and antibiotics. PLEASE SOMETHING MAKE MY BABY FEEL BETTER! He is such a good sport, I can only imagine how amazing he will be once he finally feels 100%

So if you have any suggestions of what I can do to help my little man, please, I welcome them!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had suggestions! I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered putting tubes in his ears?
    When we lived in Montana I worked at a daycare and I saw I can't even tell you how many kids going to the Dr. at least once a month for an ear infection! One solution they have is putting tubes in there ears... they do this so so that the ear can drain better, and then your child feels better and your not in the Dr.'s office once a month! I don't know all the exact details about them, and I think your child has to have an ear infection a certain number of times before they will consider it, but you should ask!

    ReplyDelete

Boys all dressed up for Church

Boys all dressed up for Church
They really do love eachother so much. Max is always asking to hold Sam.

Sam is really excited to play outside, can't you tell

Blessing Day

Blessing Day
This was a really special day. We blessed Sam in Missoula, Montana at my parents house so that all of our family could be there. It was the last Sunday before Christmas, almost everyone was there, and the lights of the Christmas tree were on. So so so special.

Followers